• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Be careful how much you trust an app to keep you out of trouble (TFRs)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Needed to take a flight south and knew the fire fighting base was very active on the Sherpa fire near Santa Barbara. TFR instantly showed up on WingX and verified depiction was accurate. I've been thinking about getting a GTX 345, so I've been trying Garmin Pilot App as well, to my surprise the TFR did not appear on the map. Two days later still not there. In their defense, on the briefing page it does list the TFR Notam, but doesn't depict it on the screen. Be careful out there, easy to avoid fires, but VIPs are harder to spot and may not be on you moving map.

View attachment ImageUploadedByPiper Forum1466334142.089635.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByPiper Forum1466334166.740495.jpg

Latest posts

Back