• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec Janitrol - Duct Switch Location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopere

Reaction score
Wanted to double check the positioning of my duct switch setting, searched and read the whole comprehensive thread from Jeff K on "Aztec - Heater"

was a little chilly flying in -10c the other day, in investigating found I have single walled scat tubing to defroster and front seats, back heat is pretty good, will change to sceet tubing as per philiplanes advice on Jeff's post

in reading the service manual I can't come to a conclusion where exactly the "duct switch" is located all it states is its downstream of the heater in the ventilation system can someone help out?

as far as I can tell the duct switch is the only adjustable component with regards to heat output, the my service manual suggests that the cycling switch and the limit (over temp) switches are non adjustable and are a replaceable component can anyone confirm this?
just want to have an idea before proceeding to maintenance.... I have a strong suspicion that since the aircraft lived in southern Florida for the past 20 years prior to my ownership that the duct switch was adjusted for warmer outside temps and is set at the low end of the range

Jeff K's post was very informative I will attach the link below, I have just replaced all 10 boots and that has made a huge improvement in the mean time

for reference at cruise 208mph indicated oat -10c with the front floor control full open, and defrost full open, and the temp setting at the hottest setting, defroster temp was just warm by touch not hot

thanks
Eric

Jeff k post
http://www.piperforum.com/showthread.php?t=6051&highlight=cabin+heater

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back