• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec hydrulic pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulB

ATP, CFI, a&p
Reaction score
Wondering if I have a failing hyd pump?

'81 "F" with the factory dual pumps. The Left pump alone runs the flaps up and down at what seems to be a normal rate. But it doesn't return the flap handle (nor the gear handle if I select that down) to neutral. The Right pump by itself does return the flap (and gear) handle to neutral.

I'm wondering if:
[a] this is an early indication of a failing Left pump?
an indication of air in the system?
[c] something else?

Within the last twenty flight-hours the PowerPack was replaced (twice! - the first replacement had a leak at the gear camshaft). Within the last ten hours the nosegear door actuator developed a leakand had its seals replaced.

Operation with the hand pump seems normal (bleeding the system and checking operation post maint and servicing the reservoir).

Any thoughts about what is going on? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back