• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec hot plate repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michele

Reaction score
Well my plane is in for annual and the A&P is giving me a hard time because the banana plug connector on the hot plate has a little corner chipped off (on ths right in this image).

He won't put it back on unless it's repaired or replaced. Well since this part (PPG 33323) is no longer even made, I can't buy a new one. And all the used ones I've seen don't come with 8130's. There's a place in California called Aircraft Window Repairs who said they could do the job but take a look at the quote I got from them (and be sure you're sitting down first):

[FONT="]Inspection cost $110.00[/FONT]
[FONT="]Electrical Repair $1975.00[/FONT]
[FONT="]Plug $350.00 (Note or customer to provide)[/FONT]
[FONT="]Seal $150.00 (Note or customer to provide)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
That comes to a whopping $2585. So that's obviously not happening. But I haven't been able to locate any other place that will stick a new plug on my hot plate. The Aztec parts catalog lists a part called

"764 096 KIT - Heated Glass Panel Plug Replacement"

I managed to find that here: http://www.aeroval.com/ref/159804/764-096 for a more reasonable $245.73 but the I'm still left with finding a way to get it attached to the wire. My A&P says he won't do that either.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this hot plate back on the plane without needing to rob a bank? The glass itself is perfect - no bubbles and it heats up just fine.

clipboard.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back