• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec air intake scoop/airbox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff K

Reaction score
Was looking over the baffling on both my engines and I noticed a gap between the airbox leading to the air filter and the scoop on the bottom of the plane. The front line of the airbox... a small ~1/8"-1/4" gap in which you can see into the bottom of the scoop.

It appears to have had seal on it at one time, judging by the glue residue and holes. Looking at the parts manual diagram it's not documented or if it is, not very well. Anyone know what I am referring to and thoughts on it?

Just instinctively, it does need to be sealed since I'm sure it's giving up some ram air or perhaps worse, betting a blast of hot air from inside the cowl.

Latest posts

Back