• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

ATC lingo help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjiv

PA28-236
Reaction score
While flying across the east coast, yesterday. heard 2 ATC comms which I didn't understand. Maybe someone here can explain it

1- Some plane was having landing gear issues, we heard that on BOS approach while flying to KBHB. The plane requested to go to a hold to try to resolve their issue. ATC gave them 2 hrs to expect further clearance so they can burn fuel. Then ATC asked "So you going to burn the fuel in hold and then RTV ?" Pilot responded "Affirmative" ... Now what does RTV mean? It was a PAC 61 or 62 flight but I cant find a flight track either on ADSB. I hope they resolved their issue in air and didn't have to do a belly landing.

2- Departing KOWD, BOS Center asked me of a pirep on departure if we encountered any icing. It was all clear visual below and above, so thats what I reported. ATC came back mentioning that they had an hour old pipe from KOWD on departure some twin reported Clear Air Ice at 3000'. Now whats a "clear air ice"?

Latest posts

Back