• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aspiring Pilot + Piper Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollexus

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am entirely new to the aircraft world, and as a reward for my recent graduation from Concordia University as a Masters student, I would like to persue a hobby in the
lovely world of aviation. First off, I will be beginning my ground school in April, and will also have my intro flight that month. Fingers crossed, I will like it! During this time
I will also be looking at some Cherokees as my first plane, and hopefully my flight school will allow me to learn on it, come the in-flight classes part of the course.
I would imagine that is a undertaking, everything from:

* Acquring the PPL
Course and Flight Work
Tests

* Purchasing a Plane
Ensuring it's quality (TTAF, SMOH...)
Accident History
Inspections
Maintenance
Storage
Insurance
Gas

* Government Regulations

For a smooth and enjoyable life in aviation I will have try my best in doing my due diligence, and research every decision I make. I'm a very
methodical and rational person, and hope that will help me in the long run. As for acquiring the PPL, I understand that it's all me, but with
the second and third part, I hope to gain from the expertise of others on here. Your help will always be appreciated.
Mike

Latest posts

Back