• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aspen ADS-B pricing is out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You have several choices...

ARX100 = receiver only, both frequencies, would assume this only displays on an Aspen panel, requires ES transponder and WAAS GPS in the panel for output compliance.

$1695

ATX100 = receiver and transmitter, single frequency, requires WAAS GPS but not ES transponder, meets output mandate below 18,000 feet.

$3495

ATX100G = receiver and transmitter, single frequency, does not require panel mounted GPS or ES transponder since it has its own internal GPS, meets output mandate below 18,000 feet.

$4995

ATX200 = receiver and transmitter, both frequencies, requires WAAS GPS but not ES transponder, meets output mandate below 18,000 feet.

$3995

ATX200G = receiver and transmitter, both frequencies, does not require WAAS GPS or ES transponder since it has its own internal GPS, meets output mandate below 18,000 feet.

$5495

Difference in dual/single frequencies:

1090mhz is only required and used above FL180. Below FL180 978mhz is compliant. Weather is only sent on 978mhz, traffic is sent on both frequencies. So if your plane can't go past FL180 there's no reason that I can see to have a dual frequency box. AFAIK Garmin only offers a box (GDL-88) that does both in and out, so if you are output compliant on your transponder, the output on the GDL-88 is redundant. The 1700 dollar option from Aspen, therefore, looks like a pretty good deal to me. For people with no desire to buy a new transponder, the 3500 dollar option looks like a pretty good deal too.

I was told by the local Aspen rep that they expected certification around this time, so I'm assuming that the existence of pricing indicates that these are now certified and available for installation.

Latest posts

Back