• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow Minor Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpolanco27

Reaction score
So I started off with somewhat larger issues with the plane (bad fuel servo/flow divider, old hoses, bad injectors) and now have a plane I have some confidence in. A couple things I've noticed flying over the last 10 hours flying:

-Cylinder 2 EGT from the digital display is erratic (up to 600 degrees high or low of the others) after the engine warms up at higher temperatures. The CHT is right in line with the others and there is no engine roughness. Also, the factory EGT is on that cylinder and appears to also not be erratic. I'm guessing I'd have some bad engine roughness if it was a real temperature reading. Any ideas what this could be? The system is a JPI EDM 700.

-I can push the prop all the way forward (beyond the limit for mixture and throttle) and I can actually exceed 2700 RPM. I'm always careful to push the prop forward only to line up to mixture full rich but I'm not sure what took away this mechanical stop. After the installation of the fuel servo there was an idle mixture adjustment but I'm not sure where that is located. Any suggestions? I'm the only one that flies the plane so I don't have concern that it may be misused here or pushed too far.

The plane is finally running like a dream besides that though, had even worked up the confidence to fly it over the water (less than 10 nm) to Block Island.

Latest posts

Back