• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

AOPA - ATC Privatization

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spin888

Reaction score
General aviation is facing a HUGE threat in Congress and I need your IMMEDIATE help.

As you may know, the U.S. House of Representatives is now considering legislation that would privatize Air Traffic Control and turn it over to the big airlines.

We've faced privatization battles before. But we've never faced such a huge coalition of powerful interests pushing full throttle for this proposal – including not only airline executives but the President of the United States and powerful members of Congress.

Make no mistake. Spending billions and billions of dollars to turn over ATC to a private corporation managed by the airlines is not good. Giving special interests monopoly control over ATC is a bad idea that could have huge and unknown consequences for general aviation. In nearly every nation where privatization has been tried, general aviation has declined.

The bottom line is that losing this battle is NOT AN OPTION if we want to keep our freedom to fly.

AOPA is making it clear to every member of the U.S. House and Senate exactly where we stand, but I also need YOUR immediate and personal help in this fight. And I'm asking you to do two things today.

First, if you haven't already done so, please write your representatives in Congress and ask them to publicly and firmly oppose this ATC privatization proposal.

Second, I need you to make a generous contribution to our AOPA Political Action Committee TODAY!

There's no better way to strengthen AOPA's hand in our efforts to defeat this airline power grab than through your gift to AOPA PAC right now.

By making a contribution today, you can send a loud, clear message to Congress – that those who lead the fight to defeat ATC privatization and protect the future of general aviation will have our strong support when the next election rolls around.

Your financial support for AOPA PAC right now is the key to winning this battle – one of the most important in AOPA history. Please help with a generous contribution to AOPA PAC today – and THANK YOU for letting me hear from you soon!
MBsig.jpg
Mark R. Baker
Chairman, AOPA Political Action Committee

Latest posts

Back