• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Anybody with a Saratoga near Columbus OH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec

Reaction score
I'm in the very early stages of acquiring an airplane, and the hardest part so far seems to be finding one that 1) I fit in, and 2) will be able to carry my family long-term. I'm a tall guy at 6'5" and about 220 lbs, and I suspect my two kids will eventually be similarly proportioned, which makes it difficult to find anything that will carry the four of us. Looking at all the aircraft on the market, I've gravitated toward the Saratoga as one that appears to have a lot of pilot headroom (from what I read online anyway) and can carry a lot of weight. Someone called it the "SUV" of aircraft. So my question is, is there anybody with a Saratoga in the Columbus area that would be willing to let me sit in it with my headphones on to see if my head clears the ceiling? I see that there's an aircraft dealer just west of Dayton with a few Saratogas for sale, but it's a 1.5 hour drive I'd like to avoid if there's one closer to me.

Thanks for the help!
Mike

Latest posts

Back