• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

AmSafe SOARS seat belt/air bag system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been researching seatbelts to get a shoulder harness of some kind installed in my lap belt only 235. I had mostly decided on the B.A.S. system until I was at Sun n Fun this year. AmSafe has a new seat belt system with an airbag in the lap belt that inflates up to create a cushion between the pilot/copilot and the yokes/instrument panel. The price is much more competitive than I expected - $2580 list, and the distributor in the booth next to them was selling it for $2499. This includes the complete system for both the pilot and copilot positions.

The price is only about an AMU more than plain seat belts, and the install doesn't seem to be much more complicated. The control module has to be solidly mounted on the floor, and the CO2 cartridges need to be mounted either to the seats, or under the seats. The CO2 cartridges are rated for a 10 year life.

Has anyone installed this in a Cherokee, or will I be a pioneer if I choose it?

AmSafe web site link:

https://www.amsafe.com/airbag-systems/soars/

STC Link:

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_G...625836A004EA62C?OpenDocument&Highlight=amsafe

Latest posts

Back