• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

A fresh breeze, in the hangar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished installing an 18" variable speed shutter fan in my T-hangar.

Controller turns it on by temperature and/or humidity setpoints. Temperature can be monitored at the remote control location (house) or the unit at the fan (attic). Even runs the fan at a slower speed on a call, until and unless there is a large excedence of the temperature set point. Slick, really moves the air. US$240 total cost for materials.

1632511794504.png

1632512029462.png

1632512080484.png

Here are the links for the items on Amazon, available from .ca or .com ...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G8I7HYE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NRG9RM5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Manufacturer's site:
ILG8SFRC - iLiving Exhaust Fan Smart Remote Control Kit with Programma
ILG8SF18V - iLIVING 18 Inch Variable Speed Shutter Exhaust Fan, Wall-M

Of course I won't get much use out of it now, not until the late Spring, but it is ready. I'll probably clad the outside in some vinyl for the winter, keep the snow out.

* Orest

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back