• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

74 PA28-180 O-360-A4A Dipstick Threads stripped

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The threads at the top of the "TUBE, Oil Level Gage" and the dipstick aka "Gage Assy, Oil Level" are stripped on my friends 74 Archer. Lycoming lists 3 dipsticks and 3 tubes for this engine. Which part it is is not listed in the Piper Parts manual. I measured the tube and it's 11.5" long, so I figure it's the long tube. (75736 - Tube, Oil Level Gage, Long) Anyone know which of the 3 dipsticks it is? I'm thinking LW-14758.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back