• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

60 Hrs in new plane...time to spend some money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlrussell

Reaction score
Now that I have some time in the six it is time to make it mine.

What I have:
Garmin 530W- staying
Narco 12D+ replacing with SL30
Narco AT165 - replacing with GTX330
Insight GEM - replacing with EI CGR30
Century autocontrol III ?
PMA7000 staying
WX900 is going out

I am tempted to put the CGR in the VOR #2 indicator is I never use it and move the indicator down to the tach position.

All the avionics will fit in left center position in stack and place an iPad mini in the right to display traffic and weather from 330 and GDL39 3d

My real question is the Autocontrol AP works so great I am tempted to just add alt hold and gpss and call it a day.

I have quotes for most of the work already. I could just put a stec30 in with gpss though.

Then its New Airtex kit with all new plastic. I'll do the panel with an overlay and NU-Lights, with a new dash and thicker windshield.

Paint can wait a few years it's not horrible. I'd love to hear your ideas.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r120qe6x6vw7lf8/panel.jpg?dl=0
panel.jpg

Latest posts

Back