• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1978 PA32 Lance II being parted out

systempart

Reaction score
I'm parting out my T tail 1978 Lance. No damage history.
Lycoming engine 200SMOH is disassembled and available as individual parts.
Interior, wings, stabilator, rudder, prop and exhaust have already been sold.
I'll add a manifest of available parts soon.
Upper and lower cowl (very good condition) $900.00
Nose landing gear complete with wheel and tire (no dampner) $1700.00
Nose wheel door complete assy $800.00
Engine mount (current mod) no cracks $850.00
Fuselage Undamaged - No Damage History $1800.00
Bendix Dual Magneto 10-682560-13 Lycoming IO 540 K1G5D $1190.00
Alternate Air Box #38080-000 $695.00
Landing Light Assy $130.00
Windhields L&R clear $160.00
Bob 413-237-7666

Last edited:

SteffenHezinger

Reaction score
Does it have the Century IIb Autopilot?
Also I am looking for a club seat arrangement...

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Funny, I haven't heard anything from him since I made my request.

Unit74

Reaction score
Yes he does. I asked about the same part. He quoted me $2000. Yea. Not. This switch was something like $400 a few years ago. For some reason the price has skyrocket. Maybe Vero Beach is taking a page from TCMs playbook on parts pricing.

If your switch is bad, you can actually change out the switches fairly cheap. There are three separate switches inside of the assembly. The individual parts are from Honeywell and about $8-10 depending on who you buy them from. Takes some soldering and decent skill, but its certainly doable.

Also Texas Air Salvage has a complete part right now as well. They want $700 for the assembly.

If yours is bad, I suggest having your AP or avionics shop rebuild it, not replace it. It uses a Honeywell 21SX39-T Basic / Snap Action Switches 250 VAC 7 A Pin Plunger Actuator http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Honeywell/21SX39-T/?qs=10P5Hhl%2bD7%2bOz1pG8SKv9Q==

The repair is not just a quick replacement. It can be screwed up pretty fast if you do not know what your doing. Or send the switch to Century in Mineral Wells, TX or Autopilots Central in Tulsa and be specific about what you want them to do.

yonatan

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. I'll try to fix the part and will update for any change.
Thank you.
Jonathan.

Latest posts