• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1968 Piper PA-28-235 For sale

manzella13

Reaction score
1968 Piper PA-28-235 for sale. TT: 2100.22 Engine TSTOH: 790.59 (Great Compressions) Prop TSPOH: 790.59 Beautiful aircraft! No time to fly it unfortunately so it has to go. 100 hour inspection was just completed 9-24-2015. Installed equipment: S-Tec system 30 computer auto pilot, pitch computer, roll servo, pitch servo, altitude transducer, Sigma-tek DG 52D54, Garmin GPS 92. Interior is Brown, great condition, seats 4, More pics to follow soon. Asking $68500/offer. Records available upon request. Aircraft is located in Fargo, ND. Please call or text Tony at 701-219-3 four five six.

20151114_150556.jpg

20151114_150603.jpg

20151114_151946.jpg

20151114_152127.jpg

20151114_152110.jpg

20151114_150625.jpg

Last edited:

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Really? You trying to sell the plane with just one pic and no avionics, paint or interior description?

You funny Sanjiv!

Perhaps you don't recall the good old days when "Trade-A-Plane" was all there was when it came to buying and selling.

The pages were very thin, very little or no color, and aircraft ads were tiny and just a few lines of text.

And NONE of the ads had photos, except maybe if you purchased a business card sized ad, at minimum.

Most ads consisted of just manufacturer, model, A/C TTSN and Engine Time since last overhaul. Followed by an area code and phone number.

And Trade-A-Plane was gracious enough to furnish an area code directory so you could look up a telephone area code to see what state a plane was in.

Back then if you wanted to know more about a particular plane you dialed up the phone number and engaged the person at the other end of the line in conversation.

At the end of the call, if the prospective buyer was still interested, he or she would ask the seller to MAIL a few photographs of the bird.

And maybe a week later you'd have some snapshots of the little jewel you were hoping to buy.

But by then, someone else had already snatched the plane up, and it was off the market.

At our house growing up, time stopped 3 times a month. Because the Trade-A-Plane came to the mailbox 3 times a month.

"You kids be quiet and don't bug your father, because he's reading the Trade-A-Plane."

It was a race against everyone else in the country to read the new listings and call on the ones that seemed interesting.

But hey. This seller say he has "No time to fly..."

So maybe he has even less time to take photos.

Give Tony a call and talk to him about his airplane if you're interested in knowing more.

He's probably a nice guy and maybe all the technology is simply too much for him.

If it's a truly great bird it'll sell even with NO photos!

Reaction score
So true Charlie but I wasn't picking up on OP just giving my 2c. if You are going to ask close to 70K for a 235 then you want to stand above the rest. A single pic and smoh are not going to cut it. It's not about what you are selling but it's about what and who are you competing against to sell yours. There was a sellers market and there is a buyers market. First question someone will have is why pay 68k for this versus the other listed online for 55k similar time.

I am sure there must be differentiators and add on which need to be highlighted. But if a clean washed plane and time is your marketing then get ready to entertain some low ballers and brokers.

Still have trade a plane paper magazine days I browse through time to time. The more information you out upfront more realistic hits you get. Not people just wandering wasting your time and won't buy eventually.

Here we had staff nagged about advertising his family pictures with plane but what I am saying is more realistic so take it as a constructive criticism with some harmless sarcasm.

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe this fellow doesn't really want to sell and is just putting out feelers? Hoping no one will call.

Wasn't it you Sanjiv, who had someone chasing after you to sell them your Warrior? It wasn't even for sale, but you let it go. That's what I mean about really good planes sell themselves.

And I'll agree with you Sanjiv:

There is nothing worse than a tire kicker!

Well, worse than one tire kicker is a Camry full of tire kickers!

I ran into that situation last year when I was approached by a fellow who wanted one of my old project War Bugs in the worst way.

He thought his best approach to get the best price was to show up at my place with an A&P and an IA and take a real close look at the bird.

Before I knew it they were rattling off every deficiency they could pick out on this original 1947 plane.

And I was clear from the outset that I was neither needing nor wanting to sell this aircraft, but if this fellow indeed wanted it as bad as it seemed he did, then I would give him a crack at it.

And then they got started:

"No compression on number 3!"

"We might have to replace these wing struts!"

"Look at that patch on the door!"

"You know, we'll have to do the wing spar AD!"

"I don't think this propellor is serviceable!"

"That pop rivet patch on the crack on the nose bowl isn't legal!"

It got to the point where I thought they were going to ask me to pay them to do me a favor and haul the thing away!

But what they failed to notice was they were looking at an original, undamaged, complete aircraft with a good core engine. With valid registration and airworthiness certificate. The perfect candidate for a proper restoration back to exactly how it looked when it served in the US Army Air Corps.

Once they were done criticizing the hell out of this well preserved little plane there was no price the buyer could have offered me that I would have accepted.

There are some people you discover you simply don't want to do business with. While other deals are a WIN WIN perfect match for both buyer and seller.

No shortage of good dry storage space here. I'll keep my little L-16A for now.

Reaction score
Absolutely true. But the problem with testing waters half prepared is that it takes longer for the plane to sell. Longer it stays on the market for lack of information makes new potential buyers believe that there must me some other issues with the bird else it should have been sold long ago. I overlooked so many planes because they had been so long on the market just with similar thoughts of why no one else is buying it or maybe it failed some pre buy already etc.

LOL regarding the pre buy. Even though the buyer desperately wanted my pristine warrior, besides few real concerns they had some funny items on their list like "external power receptacle has a week spring and some rubber support for aft seat was dry rotted". I took care of the real issues as part of sale after they understand the fact that they were looking at a 1974 warrior and not off the factory line delivery. It went to your neighborhood Johnstown PA.

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Oh such academic discussions.

We should both chillax!

Holidays are coming...

☃🎄

manzella13

Reaction score
Really? You trying to sell the plane with just one pic and no avionics, paint or interior description?
Sorry about that! I put the listing up in a hurry because I had an appt..the plane belongs to a friend of the family. I have the records and I will go through and provide any information anyone needs. Sorry for the delay. Then just to clarify in this thread we are serious about selling this aircraft.

manzella13

Reaction score
So true Charlie but I wasn't picking up on OP just giving my 2c. if You are going to ask close to 70K for a 235 then you want to stand above the rest. A single pic and smoh are not going to cut it. It's not about what you are selling but it's about what and who are you competing against to sell yours. There was a sellers market and there is a buyers market. First question someone will have is why pay 68k for this versus the other listed online for 55k similar time.

I am sure there must be differentiators and add on which need to be highlighted. But if a clean washed plane and time is your marketing then get ready to entertain some low ballers and brokers.

Still have trade a plane paper magazine days I browse through time to time. The more information you out upfront more realistic hits you get. Not people just wandering wasting your time and won't buy eventually.

Here we had staff nagged about advertising his family pictures with plane but what I am saying is more realistic so take it as a constructive criticism with some harmless sarcasm.
No offense taken Sanjiv. I will post more information on the Aircraft tonight when I have a chance. I know this aircraft has an upgraded autopilot ($15k) that was installed as well. Sorry for the lack of info..I figured if there was interest, some one would call and request more info however you are correct. The more info the better.