• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Maintenance Shop Recommendations in Mid-Atlantic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is a common request for maintenance shop recommendations but before I posted here I searched back through previous posts a couple years back to see what I could find for recommendations. Found a couple posts but no recommendations for mid-Atlantic area maintenance shops. I've reached a point in my relationship with my existing maintenance shop that it is time to move on. 2 months sitting in the shop only to come back with most of my requests for repair being ignored and more serious problems like a failure to attach the oil water separator hose and the heat duct hose that runs from exhaust system to the cabin. The failure on the oil water separator could have been catastrophic and the heat duct hose was over looked twice even after I brought it back complaining about the high CO levels in the cabin. I will stop there before I say something I shouldn't...I had my son in the plane when the first issue happened so I'm still a bit emotional of the situation. I guess I own some responsibility for not testing the hose connections after annual.

Regardless, I will put those issues behind me and hopefully find another shop to work with. Any recommendations would be appreciated... I'm willing to go NE and SE for a shop if necessary to ensure a better experience and most of all better reliability on the work performed. I heard N30 and Mike is good but not sure I can get on his list. What is the name of the maintenance shop at N30? I see two options and I don't want to reach out to the wrong one. My annual is not do for about 11months.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back