• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Hello from Omaha Omaha!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from Omaha folks. Been lurking on the forum for a while, but finally took the plunge. I inherited our family airplane from my Father who passed away a few years ago. Details below. Will be looking for info on upgrades etc. as well as fun trips. Have one planned to the Outer banks of NC later this summer! Initial plan is to fly into Dane County, and will plan to make a trip up to First Flight as well. Any trip info would be appreciated!

Airplane info:

1964 Piper PA-23-235 Apache
N4986P
Sn 27-590
Father purchased it in 1970 when I was 3 years old
Has IO-540 250 HP Fuel Injected Motors with Ray-Jay Turbos
Sequin tips, nose, and gear doors added in late 70's
Panel was done in 2007
Currently undergoing conversion to 6 seats with Diamond Aire STC's (had too many kids, so need the sixth seat :D)
Also added Diamond Aire Dorsal fin and Flap Gap Seals
Will be refurbishing the interior with the seat conversion
Engines OH will be next year. :shock:

KAHQ

N4986P in flight.jpg

N4986P Panel.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back