• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wx on Garmin 660…HOW????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Messinger

Reaction score
Is there a way (other than purchasing a Sirius wx subscription) that I can get ADSB wx to my Garmin area 660?
My ADSB source is Stratus ESG and from what I hear Garmin products are pretty much designed only to talk to other Garmin products. Not unlike what Apple does.

If I had a Garmin ADSB Im told it would talk to my 660.
The 660 is hardwired to my Garmin 430 so when I enter a Flightplan thru my 430 it automatically puts the route on the 660.

I heard that FOREFLIGHT can share metars and TAFS thru the 679’s Bluetooth right from my iPad .
Is that correct?

So my FOREFLIGHT can and will share its ADSB derives wx with my 660?
help please ..
I’m pretty confused here…
If I need to buy another XM wx subdcription I will. What about the GDL UNITS byvGarmin? Will it talk to my 660?
if I get it will THAT send wx info thru Bluetooth or wirelessly to my area 660?
Is a GARMIN GDL unit the easiest way to go ?

Help I’m drowning in information overload here and need someone to simplify what I need to do to get wx on my 660 please?
Thanks Group👍

Latest posts

Back