• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTS Voltage regulator harness and power cables.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWDG3

Reaction score
New Cessna voltage regulator harness for four wire systems with over voltage light and firewall mounted filter.

CONTACT ME FOR PIPER AND BEECH CABLES.

Includes 18 AWG M27500-18TE1T14 Tefzel shielded wire superior to original Cessna specification with TYCO polyvinylidene fluoride shield terminations. "A" and "F" wires have TECHFLEX fiberglass sleeves to be positioned under the engine to help deflect heat(not required for rear mounted alternators). MS25171 boots are included for the noise filter and alternator "F" post. All wire ends are without terminals except for the firewall filter. I can crimp any terminals prior to shipping if you provide finished length.

Early O-300 regulators are on the right firewall. 182 alternators are on the rear left side with regulator on left firewall. "A" and "F" wires are cut different lengths between these models based on differing component locations. "I" can be stowed under the panel for models without over voltage light. 177 Cardinals with alternator/regulator locations similar to the 172 can typically use the same harness.

All sales PayPal or contact [email protected]

172 with forward alternator - $100 delivered.
mrpqK0w.jpg

​
172/O-300 and 182(6 cyl w/o sleeve.) - $90 delivered
tGXrw5D.jpg

I use a 1/16 Allen key to remove old terminals from the connector. Sometimes it helps to push the old terminal in to help drive the locking lance down. Pulling the terminal out with the lance engaged will damage your connector. Note below the factory terminal insulation support wasn't crimped correctly. I found the right contact wire hanging by a few strands and the middle not much better. New terminal insulation support grips insulation to prevent conductor failure from vibration.

cd2Yur3.jpg

The right contact shows a new contact with correct insulation support barrel for 18 awg wire.
V43K3hG.jpg

Yw9NddX.jpg

Cessna 172 complete power cable kit for 1972 model includes battery positive 4awg 8", battery ground 4awg 15", alternator power 8awg shielded 80" /heat sleeve, alternator ground 8awg 54" /heat sleeve, battery relay to starter relay 4awg 14", starter relay to starter-4awg 32" /heat sleeve, battery relay to ground service relay 2awg 15" and ground service relay to receptacle 2awg 12". Breaker end of the alternator cable is not terminated to ease routing thru the firewall. One 8awg terminal for #8/10 screw included. I can crimp this terminal on request.

$250 delivered CONUS. Paypal or contact [email protected]

Our power and starter cables begin with MIL-C-27500 shielded Tefzel and MIL-C-22759 unshielded Tefzel cables. We use Burndy's aircraft rated heavy YAV lugs forward of the firewall and more manageable AMP Solistrand terminals behind the panel. To improve durability we apply Raychem epoxy lined heat shrink for insulation support. Shields are terminated with polyvinylidene fluoride Raychem S01 -05-R solder sleeves and AMP PIDG ring terminals. MS25171 boots are also included to protect various terminals. Techflex fiberglass sleeve installed over alternator and starter cables is a cost effective way to ward off heat damage to cables routed under engines and/or exhaust tubes.

Other models and individual cables available on request. Contact us with your make, model and serial number so we can work with you to determine correct wire size, length and lug. Customer provided dimensions are always helpful as factory schematics don't always provide length and lug size. www.pinpointharnessing.com

QnGvnil.jpg

Latest posts

Back