• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB - Tomahawk

CaptTH

Reaction score
79 or later model.

Under 4000 TTAF

Under 1500 SMOH ( original engine )
Under 1000 SMOH (with STC 125 Upgraded Engines)

Reasonably priced...

I already covered the ones listed in Barnstormers, Trade-A-Plane and Controller websites.
Please let me know if you know one already up for sale locally to you or soon may be available in the market, etc.,

Finders fee is $500 offered.

Thank you.

pa38112

Reaction score
I may know of one for sale in Southern CA.... shot me a PM

CaptTH

Reaction score
I have no idea how to PM, can you send me one so I can respond. I tried it but somehow I wasn't able to do it!

comancheflyer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't they called tramahawks? Never flown one, but heard they have interesting spin characteristics?

Morgan3820

Reaction score
I trained in one. Spun it. Thought they were fine. Good visibility. Have you heard how they compare to a Beech Skipper? :D

Ruhealca

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't they called tramahawks? Never flown one, but heard they have interesting spin characteristics?
Back when I was young and learning to fly 40 odd years ago we did incipient spins in Tomahawks, no-one thought twice about it. I guess sometime in the intervening decades there was a problem that lead to the prohibition. Maybe the rules of physics are different down here in the southern hemisphere. CASA certainly seems to think so given some of our rules.

comancheflyer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read in my AOPA magazine that the recovery techniques are a little bit different than the PARE technique I was taught