• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB: Powertow 40EZ

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Anyone know of a used Powertow 40EZ for sale somewhere in the southeast US? I see them used all over online, but they are typically all the way across the country from me. Thanks!

pilotneil

Reaction score
BGF, before you go out and buy any tow, I highly recommend the Redline Sidewinder. I have a Saratoga SP and absolutely love the electric tow bar. Two added benefits I find is that the Sidewinder is electric, (no mess or hard starts), and is portable. The portability alone makes it worth it. I hated having to push/pull on that 3600 pound plane when I would land somewhere. Now I can fold the Sidewinder and stow it in the rear or forward baggage compartment to come along for the ride if I want. The unit is variable speed, and can easily be switched forward or reverse. I also find that the battery holds the charge very well. I know this sounds like a paid endorsement, but I was very impressed with it! :D
https://www.redlineaviation.com/piper/sidewinder-piper-airplanes/

beech-sidewinder.png

redline-sidewinder2.jpg

Last edited:

raymos

Reaction score
I know of a power tow for sale at 3J1 but not sure of the model. Gas powered. $2500 was the price, I think.

bgmac

Reaction score
40EZ is about $1700-$1800 new.

raymos

Reaction score
Must be s different model. This one could move a king-air.

bgmac

Reaction score
Anyone know of a used Powertow 40EZ for sale somewhere in the southeast US? I see them used all over online, but they are typically all the way across the country from me. Thanks!
Hey, I cam by a few weeks ago to say hi, but you were out.
I may know someone with an electric one for sale if you are interested. He had to tow up hill and he wanted a little more power.
I just sold him my 40EZ for $850 which included $100 for shipping. I say this just to let you know that UPS charged about $1 a pound for me to ship from TN to NJ. and the unit weights about 80lbs. The other $20 was for packaging.

bgmac

Reaction score
It was actually given to me by a good friend a while back. Thought I would use it, and did just to check it out. Needed the money for an audio panel, so I sold it. Didn't really want to, but figured the money was better spent on the plane.

Jimbennethum

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
BGFYankee, I have an EZ40 that is in great condition. It has the extension arms and a couple of attachments. I would sell it for $850. Not sure about the shipping (mainly because it has gas and oil in it). Most of the gas can be drained / run out, but the shipping co may not accept it? PM me if you'd like to discuss. I can send pics also. Jim

arkvet

Reaction score
BGFYankee, I have an EZ40 that is in great condition. It has the extension arms and a couple of attachments. I would sell it for $850. Not sure about the shipping (mainly because it has gas and oil in it). Most of the gas can be drained / run out, but the shipping co may not accept it? PM me if you'd like to discuss. I can send pics also. Jim

I shipped an old chain saw recently. Drain the oil and gas and then cover it with a couple thick trash bags before boxing it. Legal and ships fine. I also put it a few absorbency pads (puppy pads) just to catch any potential free fluids before it got the box.