• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB: Powered Tow for Saratoga

jdfrey1

Reaction score
I just bought a Saratoga and need a powered tow. Recommendations for good deals or PM me if you have one you want to sell please.

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have one for non-retracts with wheelpants. It pushes great, traction can be an issue if the hangar floor is slick when pulling with it. Plenty of power to push/pull my 235 in/out of the hangar with a slight incline.

I think the ones for planes without wheelpants drives a wheel that engages the nose tire instead of having wheels/tires itself. That would likely resolve the traction issue.

I like that it breaks down and fits in the baggage compartment. I also like no oil to change, no gas to fill, and if the battery goes bad, I can go to Home Depot and get another.

One battery charge gets me about 4 in/out cycles.

Mark

jerryroscoe

Reaction score
Love the Sidewinder for my Saratoga.

Sent from my iPad using Piper Forum

raymos

Reaction score
There is a powered tow in a neighboring hangar. Nearly new. Price new was $2500, he said. wants $1500, I think.

PM if you want a picture.

Latest posts