• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB Pilot/CoPilot Upper Seat Frames PA28-180

k3nny

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for a pair of upper seat frames for a 1963, 64, 65, 66 PA-28-180.

Someone decided it would be a good idea to "extend" mine during a past interior upgrade. Worst welding job I've ever seen. Of course, this fine workmanship was cleverly hidden with duct tape prior to putting the seat covers on. Totally legal I'm sure. No need to fill out a 337.

I'm hoping there might be a pair out there with seat bottoms that aren't salvageable since mine are fine.

Thanks for any help sourcing these.

Regards,

--ken

Attachments

guzziguy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have ONE seat from PA28 that's available. No idea if it'll work for you.

k3nny

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have ONE seat from PA28 that's available. No idea if it'll work for you.
Ok. That is great and just might work. I have a lead on another single seat nearby. Do you have a pic by chance? That will help me determine if it might work.

Thank you!

LN2

Stealth Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for a pair of upper seat frames for a 1963, 64, 65, 66 PA-28-180.

Someone decided it would be a good idea to "extend" mine during a past interior upgrade. Worst welding job I've ever seen. Of course, this fine workmanship was cleverly hidden with duct tape prior to putting the seat covers on. Totally legal I'm sure. No need to fill out a 337.

I'm hoping there might be a pair out there with seat bottoms that aren't salvageable since mine are fine.

Thanks for any help sourcing these.

Regards,

--ken
I have a complete set out of my 28R-180, 1969. I replaced them with both pilot and copilot height adjustable. They both are in good shape. Shipping is the big cost with moving them around.

LN2

Stealth Member
Reaction score
I have a complete set out of my 28R-180, 1969. I replaced them with both pilot and copilot height adjustable. They both are in good shape. Shipping is the big cost with moving them around.
Oh, and they will fit. Basically all the PA28 series planes have the same seat rails back to the dawn of time.

Latest posts