• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB newer Warrior/Challenger or ?

cdnemsguy

Reaction score
I am looking for a good mid time engine Warrior or Cherokee/Challenger 180. Something that is a 1977 or newer, I know the Challenger is the exception 1973, but anything in good shape with nice paint and good time engine, decent avionics etc. Let me know if you know of one or have one for sale. Cannot be anything retractable or turbo charged, as this would be used for a trainer initially. Thanks.

jruhnke

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If you're already willing to consider a Challenger, then you should also be willing to consider anything between 1973-1977 as well. The difference between a '73 Challenger and a '74 Archer, for instance, is mostly in the name...

cdnemsguy

Reaction score
True. I would like to find either so anything is fair game although I ant something with the tapered wing, not the old fat wing. So that would be a 161 or better. The only reason I said Challenger is because there is a nice one in Canada and therefore no import issues. I am open minded to any and am not scared to go through the import process. That is quite easy if the paperwork is in place.

Reaction score
And for a warrior I prefer the 74 model with 160 upgrade better than the later ones because of different wing type as in Ailerons.

cdnemsguy

Reaction score
I had a Warrior II PA28-161 and really liked it although slow. I would prefer the 180 but seeing what is out there for sale as I will buy as soon as I find the right machine. Looking at $100k USD or less for the right machine.

Reaction score
I had a Warrior II PA28-161 and really liked it although slow. I would prefer the 180 but seeing what is out there for sale as I will buy as soon as I find the right machine. Looking at $100k USD or less for the right machine.

Under that budget you would easily find a WELL equipped 235 instead. Or a Dakota needing some TLC.

Morgan3820

Reaction score
I am of a selling mind as I would like to move up, but it is a 1976 Warrior. Approx. 560 SMOH (RAM 160hp upgrade w/ millennium cylinders) 5500 TT, IFR cert. in 9/15, annual 11/15.

002 (800x600) (2).jpg

ericbolt

Reaction score
Ive got a Cherokee 180 C, a Arrow IV and a Archer II on our website that you may be interested in. Take a look and if something peaks your interest, I'd be happy to get you more info. Thanks!

USA Aircraft

N677ap

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about selling my plane. It's a 1977 Piper Archer II. It has the tapered wing you are looking for. Has 3100 tt, 1080 SMOH, 1 SPOH. Glass panel, and many other options and aftermarket goodies.

$75,000 will push me off the fence. :)

Here's a link to pictures, if interested.
http://s47.photobucket.com/user/stevenhmiller/library/pa28

Picture of plane:

Picture of panel:

cdnemsguy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your submissions. I just made a deal on a 180 up here in Canada.