• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

(WTB) Looking for an ugly and affordable PA28-1XX... or other?

Saint Alofus

Reaction score
What are ya'lls thought on this plane that was put up for sale? It does not have that 430W I want.. but it is still "trainable" for ratings... right?

Not looking to keep the plane forever and this plane is VERY much under me and my wife's budget (which is an A+!!!!)

RD

William OBrien

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a high time archer 1 1974 I have all books, some early ones are copied from original.
like 12k airframe
1370 engine
KMA 20 audio panel, garmin 430W, KX175B dual glide slopes
garmin 345 ADSB in and out transponder 4 place intercom
Decent interior good windows, paint sucks due to fading and mechanics spot painting it
flew every day in a flight school.
I have 7 of these, starting to thin out the fleet
perfect flyer. turn the key and go
386-314-4455

Last edited:

Saint Alofus

Reaction score
Alright guys, update:

I reevaluated my mission and purpose. I decided that I am going to research more.. Piper Tomahawks caught my eye and I think they fit my bill better..

Appreciate all of your input gang!!!

RD

Saint Alofus

Reaction score
Alright guys, update:

I reevaluated my mission and purpose. I decided that I am going to research more.. Piper Tomahawks caught my eye and I think they fit my bill better..

Appreciate all of your input gang!!!

RD
Alright gang... fully decided on something bigger than 2 seats. Still looking for an IFR capable Piper Cherokee! Keep em' coming?

gazman36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are ya'lls thought on this plane that was put up for sale? It does not have that 430W I want.. but it is still "trainable" for ratings... right?

Not looking to keep the plane forever and this plane is VERY much under me and my wife's budget (which is an A+!!!!)

RD
Sorry , it is ADSB compliant with a tail unit (junk ). Radios old as dirt. You can’t do RNAV approaches in it. Keep looking.

flyguydon

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That one I just listed is cheap and less than half the $. Put a 430 in it and fly on to your ratings. Leave it outside and you sure can't hurt the paint...

Latest posts