• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB: Garmin 430W data card

PilotPete

Reaction score
One of the Aviation database data cards for my Garmin 430W (I have a spare) has failed, and I'd like to replace it. I got one a few years ago on eBay (the one that just failed!), but I don't see any there now.

Anyone have one they don't need?

Or know where to get new ones?

PilotPete

Reaction score
Thanks - I saw that, but was hoping I'd find a source for these at something less that $200.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no, you can't. Garmin puts very special silicon in these - "aviation" grade you know!

* Orest

jruhnke

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks - I saw that, but was hoping I'd find a source for these at something less that $200.
Yeah, I agree the price is outrageous. Every once in a while you run across someone who accidentally bought a WAAS card when they needed a non-WAAS card, but that's about the only time I see them on the used market. I don't think those go for a lot less than the new price (because there are usually a handful of people who quickly show interest).

As far as I know, Jepp's the only source for these cards, new.

PilotPete

Reaction score
Got one through Jepp - feel a bit violated, but I now have a backup that I keep in the plane with the previous cycle's data in case one card goes wonky again.