• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB: Dakota PA28-236

Tim-NJ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone has any leads on non turbo Dakota's please send them my way.

The usual places - Trade-a-plane, Controller, ASO, etc.. seem to be full of over priced aircraft.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dakotas tend to be pampered, well outfitted and never trainers. They do sell at premium prices.

I've observed that an $80K Dakota is generally a "fixer-upper".

* Orest

PaulR

Reaction score
I wanted to sell mine to upgrade to a Saratoga but every time I fly my Dakota, I fall back in love with it. :(
Keep the Dakota as its really great plane and never has a problem retracting the gear or lowering it!!!

Tim-NJ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Highjackers, I have a question :) I'm just playing don't flame me off the forum.

If an aircraft you were interested in buying just had an annual in February and the appraiser (which I hired) did not raise any concerns would you redo the annual or just get a prebuy?

arkvet

Reaction score
Ok Highjackers, I have a question :) I'm just playing don't flame me off the forum.

If an aircraft you were interested in buying just had an annual in February and the appraiser (which I hired) did not raise any concerns would you redo the annual or just get a prebuy?

Pre-buy. To ask that question suggests you should do some homework on the definition of those two processes. Although there is some overlap the two processes have two entirely different goals.

A prebuy is to determine if the plane is a good value relative to asking price. An annual simply determines air worthiness.

A plane can shine at annual and be a terrible value. At the same time a plane could have a terrible annual and at the right price be a good value.

I would NOT annual a plane that was done 2 months ago. No way.