• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB Cherokee Archer

MyPilotPro

Reaction score
I'm in the market to buy an IFR Archer. I will go up to $60K for the right Archer. Let me know if you or anyone you know is looking to sell...

Best,

mkb

Petruz

Reaction score
I'm in the market to buy an IFR Archer. I will go up to $60K for the right Archer. Let me know if you or anyone you know is looking to sell...

Best,

mkb
I've been studying the Archer market in anticipation of buying soon. I haven't found any Archers with decent AFTT, SMOH and recent avionics for under $69,900 and right now on TAP at $79,000. Also, when I compare asking prices against the AOPA Vref, asking prices seem to be $10,000 higher than Vref. If you take the time to read the posts on this Forum, you will see folks saying they paid 10% less than Vref for their plane. Not sure what the value of a nice Archer really is, maybe I'm over analyzing it. good luck!

Baron62

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a price reference I just bought a clean 85 Archer with 2600TT 550SMOH with 2 axis AP, 9+/10 original paint, 9+/10 original interior, KX-155s, storm scope, Garmin 396, apollo gx55, 4pt EGT, Oil Seperator in nice shape. Hangared with clean continous logs plus NDH. Paid $79K Good luck finding one. I wanted one ready to enjoy so I paid up front. There is a similar one at Southern Wings for the same price.

Gregplatt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I purchased my archer 2 I ended up with a higher time air frame, 11K hours, but the plane had always been maintained and never sat around. I've had really good luck with it, and most A&P's are really surprised about the time due to how well this little planes hold up. I saved a bunch of money and haven't regretted it.

Petruz

Reaction score
As a price reference I just bought a clean 85 Archer with 2600TT 550SMOH with 2 axis AP, 9+/10 original paint, 9+/10 original interior, KX-155s, storm scope, Garmin 396, apollo gx55, 4pt EGT, Oil Seperator in nice shape. Hangared with clean continous logs plus NDH. Paid $79K Good luck finding one. I wanted one ready to enjoy so I paid up front. There is a similar one at Southern Wings for the same price.
Thank you for the post. I have been trying to get "comps" from others who have recently purchased a plane, but for some reason folks are reluctant to say what they paid. your post is much appreciated. best of luck with your new aircraft.