• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB Cherokee 180 Aileron Skin

Shawrco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need p/n 68106-003 or 68106-803 skin for '68 PA28-180 s/n 28-5067 RH aileron repair. This should have the "innie" ribs/indentations. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Shawrco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark, I spoke w/them and they can supply a refurb aileron plus shipping both ways (have to return core). They suggested getting the skin from Piper...

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Same as my Arrow II.

I have one that was replaced on my Arrow. Painted white and has a little ding. I can take some pictures of it. Where are you located?

Dave

Shawrco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same as my Arrow II.

I have one that was replaced on my Arrow. Painted white and has a little ding. I can take some pictures of it. Where are you located?

Dave
Middle Georgia, Warner Robins. Can send pictures to j_burnett at cox dot net

Thanks

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I can post pictures, I'll do it here so if someone else may interested. Not sure if I can get to the hangar until Friday (where they are) but I will get them up as soon as I can for you.

Dave

Shawrco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can post pictures, I'll do it here so if someone else may interested. Not sure if I can get to the hangar until Friday (where they are) but I will get them up as soon as I can for you.

Dave
So, it was removed from your a/c because of the little ding? How much are you looking to get for it? I did find a new one with a 25 day lead time but I haven't placed the order yet. Thanks.

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, a little ding and a VERY light hail damage. I was getting my wing walk done and decided to change a few other things while I was at it. I am super anal about my things. This is an acceptable piece for most. I'll get the shots as soon as I can.

A brand new one at Aviall lists for $496.91 and is unfinished. The paint on mine is nearly perfect and is white. Shipping is going to be expensive and at your cost, so I'd like $300 plus the ride.

Dave

Latest posts