• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB - blue light lens for Cherokee 140

Timbeck2

1970 Cherokee 140
Reaction score
Like this one. I don't need the whole assembly, just the glass blue lens.

kshaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check Whelan for the lens only. I ordered one of these for my Warrior on Ebay about a year ago. If you remove the three screws for the center piece, it will fit perfectly in the old style holder.

GM.

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Would the "blue" in the photo possibly be an image to depict clear for the the example?

Timbeck2

1970 Cherokee 140
Reaction score
I don't think so, the inside of that housing is silver. I've seen the blue lens on other aircraft.

kshaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Piper used the red in Archer II and Warrior II and I believe they changed to blue with the Archer III. The outside of the part is slightly larger than the red version and I doubt that it would fit the original console but the center of that part is the same size as the old one. It will be much easier just to swap that center part rather than changing the lens. You should be able to find these on Ebay.

Timbeck2

1970 Cherokee 140
Reaction score
The blue one is called "instrument white" and when I contacted Whelen about it they replied:

"The lens number is 02-0350193-60 you can procure that number through our distribution network. If you need anything further please let me know."

I can't find that part number anywhere.

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Call Jeff Argasinger or Brian Bouchard @ Whelen, 860-526-9504. They will help you......

Latest posts