• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB 1976 or newer Cherokee 6/Lance/Saratoga

DBI

Reaction score
Requirements:
Straight tail
Club seating
Normally Aspirated(no turbo)
Under 5000 hours total time
Less then $110,000

Preferences:
Air Conditioning
Out dated Avionics(want to build it up ourselves)
Mid time engines (1000 to overhaul)
3 plane prop.

Unit74

Reaction score
Good luck on any Toga at that price unless it's from Wenworth. Rule out 78-79 lances cuz us Ttail owners love ours and won't part with them. So you are looking for 77 and older ugly tail lances at this point.

arkvet

Reaction score
I was thinking the T tail lances might be the only thing to fit all those criteria based on the general undervaluing of those particular airframes.

Old avionics will help keep the price down but the desired engine time of 1,000 hours or less will drive it up for sure.

OP can possibly find one with this criteria but it likely isn't going to be a dusty add on TAP.

arkvet

Reaction score
I always find it interesting that so many people desire a plane with a particular max on total airframe time. I mean I get not wanting to buy a warrior with 15,000 hours on it that lived at a flight school... but dang the worst things for these planes is to sit unused.

How they were used means so much more to me than total time.