• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB: 1968 or Newer PA-28-180

icarus

Airport Bum
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Household 6 (wife) has given the OK to add another airplane to the hangar.

I have a beautiful RV-4 for fun and aerobatics, but I'm looking for a 1968 or newer PA-28-180 for some family vacations and some dual instruction on the side as my military service winds down.

Wants:
- TT < 6K
-SMOH <1000 (really not a fan of field overhauls, love me some reputable shops/factory)
-WAAS Navigator
-1 axis A/P
-Electric trim

You will note these are Wants not needs, don't mind entertaining slight variations!

I am a educated, motivated, and no nonsense buyer. Being this is a community of experts, I will also gladly accept tips/leads/advice; and in return promise to remain out of the NTSB database to the best of my ability to keep all our insurance rates down!

Thanks all! ::D

Paul
Ft. Stewart, GA

JimICS2452

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are your mission wants? Distance, speed, number of PAX, useful load, etc. 49 years ago my wife and I were moving up from a AA-1 Yankee and figured our desires were "4 people, 500 miles, 150 mph, weekend baggage, and under $20,000 1977 dollars".

We ended up with a nice 1960 Comanche 250 at $18,000 1977 dollars. That was 2 wives ago, but I still have the Comanche.

icarus

Airport Bum
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What are your mission wants? Distance, speed, number of PAX, useful load, etc. 49 years ago my wife and I were moving up from a AA-1 Yankee and figured our desires were "4 people, 500 miles, 150 mph, weekend baggage, and under $20,000 1977 dollars".

We ended up with a nice 1960 Comanche 250 at $18,000 1977 dollars. That was 2 wives ago, but I still have the Comanche.
My mission wants match with a 78 or later -180; we own a fast traveler, and we need a bit of a slower SUV for some lazy XCs; and I plan to instruct out of it. I like the three windows and throttle quadrant. I have time in most every SE piper, would LOVE an arrow (maintenance is really a non-issue for me) but I don't want to have to deal with the insurance / primary student insurance when we go to solo them; just not worth it for us.

I do love the comanche and especially its 540, but I will be flying and feeding two airplanes; have to draw a line somewhere...right? Frankly the more I type...I keep drifting back to a Twinkie...time to get offline STAT:twisted: