• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wiping down landing gear struts just got easier!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used the 4x4 wipes yesterday, wish I had taken a before and after picture , one wipe did all 3 struts , towel was black afterwards. Looks great works great ! Recommend getting the 6x6 and be careful opening the packet up as they are heavily soaked .
I will be ordering more very handy to have in the hanger .

Thank you for the kind words Gary. Please let the forum know your thoughts. Best, Mark

So I finally have used them enough to get a decent review. Initially my plane was down for a few months getting a new panel and avionics work, then a week after it was done, I sent it for complete interior redo, After picking the plane up the struts were filthy dirty. I used my 6x6 wipe and it cleaned all 3 struts and the tube on the steering dampener. They seem very strong and do a good job of cleaning. Because the struts were so dirty, I couldn't get another use out of the initial one I used, so after flying several times afterwards, I usually wipe my struts down after every flight. I seem to be able to clean all 3 struts and dampener approximately 3 - 4 times with a 6x6 wipe until its dry or too dirty to continue. Overall a well made product. No more pouring 5606 on a rag or paper towel. I keep a few in the plane and the rest in the hangar. I have liked them so much, I gave several out to my neighbor hangars for them to try as well. Good job on creating a useful product. After my initial purchase of 50 gets depleted, I will definitely be ordering more. Thanks Again!

Hi Orest,
Thank you for your interest. I ship to Calm Air in Canada all the time. What Strutwipe type are you interested in and I can get you a shipping quote. I'll send you a private message.
Best,
Mark Gregory
A&P and Owner of Strutwipe

Thank you very much for your post Gary. My family and I are very proud of the product we make and the fact that it pleases you makes us feel very giddy.
Best,
Mark Gregory

Used the 4x4 wipes yesterday, wish I had taken a before and after picture , one wipe did all 3 struts , towel was black afterwards. Looks great works great ! Recommend getting the 6x6 and be careful opening the packet up as they are heavily soaked .
I will be ordering more very handy to have in the hanger .
Thank you very much for your post Rightrudder. The Strutwipe should be saturated but not soaked. So I'm curious, were they dripping soaking wet? Was fluid left in the bag? This is important information so I can make improvements to the product. Thank you for your input.
Best,
Mark Gregory

I too missed it before. Glad it came around again. Looking forward to trying the product. Sounds great.

I will give a pirep after use...

Latest posts

Back