• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WINGX PRO 7, A TERRIFIC APP FOR FLYING WITH AN IPAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrow2Pilot

Reaction score
I got an Ipad and bought the Ram yoke mount ($50 on Ebay) for it and this 99cent software WingX Pro 7 app from the app store and it's so awesome to fly with such a huge thin display mounted to the yoke. Check out the app, it has almost everything you could want and more features to come soon. I had some questions about Track Up, waypoints, cookie trail and other features. I sent an email with no response, then I called the number and the creator of Hilton Software himself answered the phone. Was a very nice guy and helped me navigate through some of the neat features of his software. It has full weather and everything else while connected to WiFi and I just found this press release that soon there will be XM weather in flight for only $199yr. Way cheaper then I'm paying for weather on my Garmin 396. Here's a link.

https://www.baronservices.com/news_pdf/MobileLink.pdf

The moving Map is awesome and it even overlays your plane on the airport diagram which is awesome if your at a huge airport with tons of taxiways.
It has all the IFR approach plates and procedures and you can get your plane Geo-Referenced on the charts for $199 from Seattle Avionics.

I got an Ipad and bought the Ram yoke mount ($50 on Ebay) for it and this 99cent software WingX Pro 7 app from the app store and it's so awesome to fly with such a huge thin display mounted to the yoke. Check out the app, it has almost everything you could want and more features to come soon. I had some questions about Track Up, waypoints, cookie trail and other features. I sent an email with no response, then I called the number and the creator of Hilton Software himself answered the phone. Was a very nice guy and helped me navigate through some of the neat features of his software. It has full weather and everything else while connected to WiFi and I just found this press release that soon there will be XM weather in flight for only $199yr. Way cheaper then I'm paying for weather on my Garmin 396. Here's a link.

https://www.baronservices.com/news_pdf/MobileLink.pdf

The moving Map is awesome and it even overlays your plane on the airport diagram which is awesome if your at a huge airport with tons of taxiways.
It has all the IFR approach plates and procedures and you can get your plane Geo-Referenced on the charts for $199 from Seattle Avionics.

I really liked his software and I've talked to him 3 times on the phone so far so I decided to let him run my credit card for the $99 yearly subscription for WingX on my iPad and my Android phone (price includes both)

Just pushing a really cool GPS flight app that you can try for 30 days for 99 cents.

Here's the link to the WingX website if anyone is interested:      http://www.hiltonsoftware.com/

My iPad didn't have the 3G (no GPS) so I bought the Bad Elf  GPS that Hilton said worked well with his software and it's great.

For anyone looking into a new Garmin, just buy an iPad and get an aviation GPS app and you've saved tons of money and there's hundreds of other uses for the iPad instead of only one use for a Garmin GPS.
I bought a 696 with a 30 day return policy for $3k , I'm so glad I returned it and have an iPad now.

Latest posts

Back