• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wing Walk Crack Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 78’ Lance with a wing walk area that seems to be getting a little soft. My very general question is does any crack of any size in the wing walk area make the plane not airworthy?

I’ll follow up with more specifics and pics as I get them. We’re having it bore-scoped to see if there are actually cracks inside. It seems like from the little research I’ve done that the wing walk area is a common problem on 28s and 32s. I’ve also seen the ADs and heard the history prompting it. Just can’t find an answer to if it’s zero tolerance or if an IA can make the call on its airworthiness.

I’ve seen the repair videos from Airframe Components and seen the recommendations of other repair facilities on previous threads. Huge help having that info, thanks.

As we’re first time owners and this is a new plane to us I’d appreciate any advice.

Latest posts

Back