• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Windshield trim screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg S

Reaction score
OK. So the screws that hold on the windshield trim piece in on the bottom front outside edge of the windshield are pretty grungy looking.
I was thinking of replacing them with new ones. What do they screw into? In the parts manual, it shows a nutplate, but as I start to loosen them, it feels as though whatever is on the backside it about to fall off if I remove the screw. I can't see where behind the inst. panel the nutplates (or whatever's there) are located. I started taking out one screw and find out it's not threaded into anything. Anyone have a clue on this? The windshields have been replaced at some point, so I'm thinking that who did the job must have been working for Helen Keller Aero.

Latest posts

Back