• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Why choose an Arrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love my Cherokee 140, but it is not ideal for me. It is slower than I would like on multi-state cross countries, its useful load is lower than I would like, and I have to choose between carrying a person or baggage in the back seat. I would also like a little more horsepower. (I feel almost disloyal even citing these limitations. It is truly a great little airplane. I may even decide to keep it rather than upgrading. I would just like a little more of everything.)

As I considered the alternatives for upgrade, I started out looking at Arrows since I enjoy the way Pipers ride and fly. I also like this forum and the Piper Flyer community. But then I started looking at Comanches, V-tail Bonanzas and Mooneys. It looks to me like any of them offer superior range and speed for the same amount of purchase money and reasonably close operating and maintenance cost.

I’m not trying to start a war here or ignite arguments. I openly admit there may be something I am missing and I’m hoping to be educated. Frankly, I have grown to respect the opinions of many of you on this forum who own Arrows, and I know you didn’t make your purchase decision without considering alternatives. So, here is my question. For those of you who have logged time in an Arrow and would definitely pick an Arrow over any other single engine retractable, why do you feel that way? What makes an Arrow the best choice?

Latest posts

Back