• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

white house proposing user fees again (for the 2013 budget)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary235

Reaction score
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/why-we-need-aviation-user-fees

"In a challenging budget environment, the Obama Administration believes it’s essential that those who benefit from our world-class aviation system help pay for its ongoing operation. ...

The proposed $100 per flight fee would generate an estimated $11 billion over 10 years, reducing the deficit and more equitably sharing the cost of air traffic services across the aviation user community. All piston aircraft, military aircraft, public aircraft, air ambulances, aircraft operating outside of controlled airspace, and Canada-to-Canada flights would be exempted."

Although I didn't vote (I'm Canadian) I do support Obama on most things.

This however is ridiculous. If the FAA needs money then they should just raise the fuel tax.

Maybe they just throw nonsense in like this in hopes that they can use it as a bargaining point. "We'll concede on the $100 user fee in exchange for X."

Latest posts

Back