• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Which Plane ?? Keep my PA-28-180C or get this Arrow ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabr800

Reaction score
Have a 1965 Cherokee 180C that I've owned it for 24 years (See Photo at bottom of the Page).
Know it well.
Have fixed it up just the way I want it and it really needs nothing to make me happy.
Excellent Airplane for all my missions when I use this one, as I also have a Clip Wing Cub and a R-22 Helicopter for other fun stuff.
Take one or two BIG trips in the Current Cherokee 180C annually, and that's really it, but it works with my fleet !

May be able to pick up a nice 1969 Arrow 200 on very short notice, 300 hour engine (factory reman. I think but still checking), Robertson STOL, that's a good serviceable airplane as it is.
Last 20 years or so in a good family that spent money to keep it running and serviced well.
Fresh annual last month and everything works.
Does need at least ADSB out, to serve my mission, but could be flown as is for sometime to come (I live at an Airpark in Class G Airspace, but when I travel, need the ADSB).

If I did things my way, I'd update the Interior (guessing $10-$12k), Paint looks pretty good but might consider $15k on that later, Panel - lots of OK stuff but not really up with the times ($20-$30k to update), Add an Autopilot ($7k for a Trutrak installed is close), and possibly add a bunch of K2U Mods for maybe $5k with labor.
This would then be a top notch airplane for me to enjoy, once or twice a year.

Purchase Price I think will be a great deal for the plane, if I make up my mind soon.

Anyway, I could maybe add this to my collection of the other 3 aircraft, but that's really kind of nuts economically, or maybe sell something, but I like all the machines I have.
I can sort of afford this project as a retired guy, but probably doesn't make a lot of sense.

My 50x50 Hanger is running tight on space if I shove this thing in there.
I still think I'd like to do it anyway.

By the way, I'm a 24,000+ hours retired Airline Guy, and can fly the plane.
Just not sure if what I might do is real smart, if I buy this Arrow ?

The kids don't really need whatever money will be left to them (No wife currently), so what do you think !!!

Haven't been shopping for an airplane lately, but this is a deal that I maybe shouldn't let go.

How about some input from you folks and thanks in advance ?????

Jeff

IF2A2411a (Medium).jpg

Latest posts

Back