• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Where have you been?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Before I installed it (ADS-B Tracking--ed.), airplanes at our airpark were invisible on the site until about 500'agl, now they show up on the ground - kinda cool to track a neighbor from his hangar and watch him take off on the web site.

Not to dismiss the coolness factor, but does anyone object to a future where your neighbor can follow your every move because you or your car use similar technology? Why do we allow it with our airplanes? Oh dear, did I just really suggest a paranoidal conspiracy? 😱

But then, maybe it's already here (think AirTag, cell phone, Tesla and Onstar systems) and ya'll can see I visited my girlfriend and the bar yesterday when I told my wife I'd be at the bowling alley 😲🥴🤫. I do appreciate the safety and usefulness of such tracking data for our aircraft, but I have concerns for misuse of the technology (just where is Elon Musk these days? and did that basketball recruiting coach go to that town? and how did they know my boat was in Burmuda?). I'd prefer to have some limits on other people's ability to track my whereabouts. But then, I have nothing to hide (I swear, I was NOT at the insurrection/robbery/motel/hangar/job interview/you-name-it the other day! 😈 ). Just ruminating some, but can I spoof my aircraft location and flight path 🙃🤔? Seriously, though, and personally, I can't wait for cloaking technology to become mainstream 😁. Ya'll be safe out there 😉.

Latest posts

Back