• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Where did all the Aztecs go you ask?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found some of them, actually a lot of them, at my home Airport in Wahoo, NE (KAHQ). A company called Sandhills Aviation took over our small airport FBO and opened their maintenance base here. They are an aerial surveying and imaging company. They had been operating mostly Cessna 172's until this year when their contracts changed which required bigger and faster aircraft. They started buying Aztecs. A lot of Aztecs. There were 5 on the ramp, three in the hangar, and one that just took off today when I left for my flight. They retro fit them with a large imaging pod on the belly. I'm told they are up to 22 of them now based mostly in Eastern Nebraska in the Omaha and Lincoln area, but they fly all over the US doing their aerial imaging. They have contracts with Google and Bing I was told. It's kind of a good time builder for the young Pilots trying to get some multi-engine time. Anyway, just thought I would share.

Attachments

• IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Back