• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

When is Oil cooler winterization plate needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenbaron

Reaction score
On the '63 cherokee 180 I'm about to bring home, there is no oil cooler winterization kit installed. On the '73 cherokee 140 I've been flyin', there is one which is installed during the winter months. The '63's AFM includes the placard requirement for removing the plate in temps above 50F "when the kit is intalled", so it must've been an option at least. What is your the take on this winterization kit? Should I seek one out, or just wait and see how well I do on winter flights in getting the oil to the 180F mark?

Latest posts

Back