• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Whelan Comet-flash powerpack repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick440

Adventure One
Reaction score
I've got an inoperative Whelan HDACF power pack which is the comet-flash unit. Part number 01-0770028-05. I've had a new unit ordered for the last three months with no ETA provided by Aircraft Spruce. I've also checked four other suppliers all with the same story...lots of backorders with no ETA in sight. I considered switching over to LED's, however, I prefer the four-pulse cometflash.

Wanted to see if anyone knows of a repair person who can fix this unit. There was a Youtube video from a repairman whom I contacted as he provided his email, however, there was zero reply from the two emails sent to him.

Latest posts

Back