• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wheel Assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiley_tom

Reaction score
Bought a new tire for the left main on my 1965 PA28-180 this year's Annual. Unfortunately, advanced corrosion was found in the Wheel Assembly, so it looks like I'll be buying a new Cleveland 40-86 Wheel Assembly. It's interesting that the new 40-86B, listed in the Piper Parts Catalog is several hundred dollars cheaper than the 40-86 listed in the Cleveland Manual. I called Cleveland and except for a different inner and outer wheel assembly, they couldn't tell me what the difference is.

Since this is factory original, 46yrs old, I'm going to change the right side as well.

Latest posts

Back