• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

What are your aviation accomplishments of 2020?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going in tandem with the thread on 2021 aviation goals, how about a look back on this miserable 2020 that we all suffered through? Were there any aviation bright spots for you? I’ll share mine...

In November, I made my planned “High-Low” trip from Washington DC to Death Valley, CA in my Piper Arrow. The plan was to stop in Leadville, CO in order to land at KLXV, alt. 9,934 and then continue on to Furnace Creek (L06) alt. -210. Unfortunately, Leadville was socked in by clouds on the day of my attempt, and discretion became the better part of my valor as I turned around. I just don’t have enough mountain flying experience (yet). But, the landing at Death Valley went off without a hitch. And despite some rough-running engine issues and a blown exhaust header pipe, the trip was a great success.

Another great accomplishment was getting my CFI (a week after my High-Low trip).

What are your 2020 aviation accomplishments?

Pete

Latest posts

Back