• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wear from cold starts and inactivity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domenick

Reaction score
Here in the Pacific Northwest our falls and winters are long, damp, and dreary affairs. Weeks or a month can go by without favorable VFR weather windows. Planes, such as my Warrior, can easily sit for weeks or even months.

When an engine is started after long activity without preheat and without pre-oiling, which parts are affected most, and precisely how might they attribute to reduced engine longevity?

I had good luck with my last engine despite long periods of inactivity. What might account for my good luck?

Latest posts

Back