• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WAT LED Lighting for Piper Aircraft

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only have one non led light left the white position light on the rear of the tail do they make LED? Would it be 71554 straight LED position?
The 7155412 is a 14V vertically mounted white LED position light. If you need a white LED strobe light embedded in that then you'll need the Orion 500 or the new Orion 550. Those two are essentially the same thing. I have teh 7155412 for $239.99 plus shipping.

ycptechcom

The Lance
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 7155412 is a 14V vertically mounted white LED position light. If you need a white LED strobe light embedded in that then you'll need the Orion 500 or the new Orion 550. Those two are essentially the same thing. I have teh 7155412 for $239.99 plus shipping.
I have an anti- collision on top of the tail I bought from you I only need a position light in the back so would be the 7155412?

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can check out all of the lights I have to offer on my website or you can email or call me with any questions you have. If you have a vision, I will help you get there. I offer very competitive pricing, helpful service, and fast shipping.

1-833-425-5288 ← Call me
Whelen Aircraft Lighting ← My website
[email protected] ← Email me with any questions

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your OEM beacon is broken, wearing out, or you want a fresh replacement, the Orion 360 is an excellent upgrade! I have a great inventory of 14V and 28V LED beacons in all red and split red/white color. I do not charge sales tax and shipping is free over $500. Piper aircraft are a toss up whether they need a beacon iwth a 3.75" base or a 2.5" base. The best way to know is to snap a photo and email it to me and I can tell you what your options are.

Whelen Aircraft Lighting <-- Check out the Orion 360 here
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here
[email protected] <-- Email me here

cappy48

Established Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your OEM beacon is broken, wearing out, or you want a fresh replacement, the Orion 360 is an excellent upgrade! I have a great inventory of 14V and 28V LED beacons in all red and split red/white color. I do not charge sales tax and shipping is free over $500. Piper aircraft are a toss up whether they need a beacon iwth a 3.75" base or a 2.5" base. The best way to know is to snap a photo and email it to me and I can tell you what your options are.

Whelen Aircraft Lighting <-- Check out the Orion 360 here
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here
[email protected] <-- Email me here

We installed the Orion 360 in February...

Nice product.. VERY bright! We now have to warn others in the hangar when turning on the Master. (We leave the beacon on to indicate that the master is on) (!)

Cap

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two pair of 12V/14V Orion 650 legacy wingtip lights. WAT released the newer version of the Orion 650 in April, which is a minor design refresh. Because of that I will do 10% off the remaining pair of legacy wingtip lights. So what was $459.99 a side will be $413.99 a side. $827.98 out the door. I have the tail light to go with it (not discounted). These two legacy pair will not be posted on my website so you'll have to email or call me to lock up the order.

[email protected] <-- Email me
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me

650Green.jpg

Orion650.jpg

06CSaratoga

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how this has migrated to an Orion thread, I do have to weigh in on the G3. Bought one to replace the PAR36 on the Warrior.

Couldn’t be happier. Holy crap, that’s a LOT of light for a minimal amount draw. I can wholeheartedly recommend this.

And no, I am not a compensated spokesperson. But willing to be. Lol

Very nice product. Five out of five, for performance. Longevity TBD, but so far so good, so five stars there too

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how this has migrated to an Orion thread, I do have to weigh in on the G3. Bought one to replace the PAR36 on the Warrior.

Couldn’t be happier. Holy crap, that’s a LOT of light for a minimal amount draw. I can wholeheartedly recommend this.

And no, I am not a compensated spokesperson. But willing to be. Lol

Very nice product. Five out of five, for performance. Longevity TBD, but so far so good, so five stars there too
Yes the G3 is probably the best bang for the buck out there on the market. I highly recommend upgrading to it if you have an older LED or are still running an incandescent light. The G3 is compatible with both 14V and 28V electrical systems and emits around 140,000 candela power. It's better than the $650 AeroLED Sunspot. See for yourself!

Whelen Aircraft Lighting <-- Get the G3 here

G3_v_AeroLED.JPG