• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WAT LED Lighting for Piper Aircraft

ycptechcom

The Lance
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AA
I’ve done exactly the same thing on my 28-180 along with the tail beacon ADS-B. The most painful part is the cost of the 337’s. Did you sync the wingtip strobes?
I did sync the wingtips by connecting the yellow wires. 337 why it is not needed installed as a minor alteration with a logbook entry as they are covered under an STC.

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have several LED beacon lights in stock and ready to ship! I also carry LED landing and taxi lights too.
Piper_Beacons.jpg

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a T Tail that I outfitted with Orion LED lights! It is a beautiful airplane.
DJI_0459.JPG

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Warrior is outfitted with WAT Orion 650s on the wingtips, a 71554 straight LED position light on the tail, and an Orion 360 LED beacon with a 2.5" base on the vertical stabilizer. I carry them all. Contact me at [email protected], 1-833-425-5288, or visit my website at Whelen Aircraft Lighting.
DJI_0526_1.jpg

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have more 14V Orion 360 all red and split red/white LED beacons in stock and ready to ship.

Attachments

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am now carrying the Orion 660 LED wingtip light. It fits in the same foot print as the Orion 650 or a legacy Whelen A650. The difference is that it has a rear facing white LED position light. So the Orion 660 has a forward facing red or green LED position light, a white LED strobe light, and a white rear facing LED positiong light.

[email protected] <-- Email me
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me
Whelen Aircraft Lighting <-- My website

Attachments

ycptechcom

The Lance
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only have one non led light left the white position light on the rear of the tail do they make LED? Would it be 71554 straight LED position?